Transcript Request Information
A transcript is an official or certified representation of the record of what took place in a court during a trail or other legal proceeding. To obtain a transcript of a trial or other court proceeding:
1. Complete the Transcript Request Form here.
2. A court reporter will be assigned to the transcript request and will contact you within five (5) business days with an estimate of the cost to produce the transcript and the transcript payment instructions.
3. You must deposit, in cash, the estimated cost of the transcript before any work on it will begin. When making a payment, please have the exact amount quoted as no change will be given.
4. Upon receipt of the deposit, the court reporter handling your request will contact you and provide an estimated completion date. The length of time to prepare a transcript varies. It takes time to accurately prepare a transcript and court reporters have normal in-court duties. You will not walk away with your transcript on the day it is requested. You may be able to negotiate a more rapid turnaround of your transcript with the court reporter.
5. The court reporter will contact you when your transcript is ready and will make arrangements with you for pick up. Any refund or additional balance due will be discussed before pick up.
As of 10/26/05, the following is the fee schedule for transcripts:
If the transcript was recorded by a live reporter, the cost is $2.75 per page.
If the transcript is to be prepared from an audio/video recording of the proceedings, there is an additional $25.00 fee to locate, write, and create the transcript plus $2.75 per page.
If the transcript is for an appeal, the cost is $3.25 per page ($2.75 per page for the original copy that is provided to the Court of Appeals and .50 for an additional copy provided to the appellant or appellant’s attorney), plus the $25.00 fee to locate, write, and create the transcript (if applicable).