Frequently Asked Questions

You can pay a ticket in the following ways:

In Person. You can pay your ticket in person by coming to the counter on the first floor, Monday – Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM at 555 North Erie Street.

By Mail. You can mail your payment along with either your ticket number, your social security number or a copy of your ticket to: Toledo Municipal Clerk of Court, 555 North Erie Street, Toledo, Ohio 43604.

By Phone.  You can pay your ticket over the phone by calling 419-936-3650, ext. 3 from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM Monday – Friday and from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM Saturday and Sunday.

The warrant block was either issued because you did not appear for a court date, or because you did not pay fines or costs. If you did not appear for a court date, you must come to court and have your court date rescheduled before the warrant block can be removed.  If you have a warrant block because of money owed to the court, all of the money owed must be paid in full before the warrant block can be removed.  

Only a Judge can change a Court date. If you know that you will not be available for a scheduled court appearance, you need to seek court approval to re-schedule BEFORE your scheduled date. This must be done in person.

You need to file a motion with the court. Sample motion forms can be found at the Library and here on our website. If you were convicted of the charge a $50.00 fee is required when the motion is filed. If the case was dismissed, there is no filing fee. Your case will be reviewed and you will be notified to attend a hearing for the decision on the motion.

If your claim amount does not exceed $6,000.00 you may file a complaint in the Small Claims Department. You do not need an attorney to file this complaint. If your claim amount does not exceed $15,000.00 you may file a complaint in the Civil General Department. Unless you are familiar with all aspects of initializing and pursuing a case in this department, you may need to hire an attorney.


You can get married at Toledo Municipal Court once you have obtained a marriage license from Lucas County Probate Court

Marriages are performed in Toledo Municipal Court Monday through Friday between 1:30 PM and 3:00 PM. To get married in Toledo Municipal Court, you must pay a $75 marriage fee in the civil division of the Clerk’s office. The civil division is located in the basement of Toledo Municipal Court. You must bring your marriage license with you. Once your fee has been paid, a member of the clerk’s staff will take you up to the Judge to get married.

The seven judges of this court rotate marriage duties on a weekly basis.  Most photography requests can be reasonably accommodated, however, each judge has the ultimate discretion regarding their courtroom's decorum and practice.    

Marriage ceremonies are performed as the court's docket allows.  Be advised, since ceremonies are not scheduled, there may be a wait as scheduled criminal and traffic cases will be on the docket as well.    


If you missed your court date, it is very important that you come to court and see a Judge in order to have your court date reset.........

Municipal Court Sidebar Widget